The Alfa Fellowship Program and Cultural Vistas invite American, British, and German professionals to apply for the 2022-2023 program year in Russia by December 1.
Since 2004, the Alfa Fellowship Program has provided over 200 emerging leaders from the U.S., U.K., and Germany with the opportunity to gain professional experience in business, media, law, policy, arts/cultural management, human development, and other areas through an 11-month, fully-funded fellowship in Moscow.
The program begins with language training in the fellow’s home country, followed by a group language course in Moscow. Alfa fellows also attend a seminar program to gain an in-depth look at contemporary Russia and to discuss current affairs there. Fellows then complete work placements at prominent organizations in Russia, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations.
Join us for a webinar! Click here for more information.
- Gain high-level professional development experience in Russia at private companies, law firms, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations
- Immerse in contemporary Moscow and experience everyday life in this vibrant capital city
- Travel to three regions in Russia and to a neighboring country through program organized trips
- Learn from experts through the Moscow seminar series and lectures at a leading Russian university
- Receive a $2500 monthly stipend, private accommodation in the center of Moscow, all program-related travel costs including round-trip travel to Russia, and insurance coverage
- Strengthen Russian language skills through private tutoring prior to departure and group language classes upon arrival in Moscow
- Connect with alumni around the world through the Alfa Fellowship Alumni Association and Cultural Vistas Alumni Network
- Early to mid-career professional from the United States, United Kingdom, or Germany
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant professional experience related to desired field of work placement
- Demonstrated interest in Russia and the region with clearly defined career trajectory
- Committed to being an active contributor to an international network
- Previous study of a second language, preferably Russian
- Graduate degree related to desired field of work placement
- Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications
- Active involvement in community and/ or public service
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application
- Application form
- Current resume/CV in English (U.S. or European style)
- Personal statement
- Russian writing sample
- Official university transcripts from most recent/in-progress degree
- Two letters of recommendation
Application deadline: December 1, 2021.
For further information and to access the online application, please visit culturalvistas.org/alfa
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused, and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.