Summer Internship Program in Spain
The Cultural Vistas Summer Internship Program in Spain provides an excellent opportunity for U.S. and Canadian university students to gain work experience abroad, improve their Spanish language skills, and experience Spanish life and culture firsthand.
Internships are available in a variety of fields, including, but not limited to, business/finance, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, Spanish studies, and economics. The program runs from late-May until mid-August.
All internships are unpaid; however, scholarships are available to qualified participants. All participants receive a scholarship application following acceptance to the program.
Cultural Vistas works with various global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings.
The Cultural Vistas Summer Internship Program in Spain includes:
- Application process assistance including help drafting a Spanish-style resume
- Internship placement in your target field with a Spanish host company
- Pre-departure information mailing
- Financial assistance via the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Health insurance (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar in Madrid
- Housing assistance (optional)
- Support throughout your program in Spain and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
- U.S. citizen or Canadian citizen enrolled at a college or university before, during, and following the internship
- 19-25 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent; participants must have high-intermediate Spanish and be able to function in a Spanish-speaking work environment immediately upon arrival in Spain
- Minimum of two years of university-level studies
- Practical experience in target internship field does not need to be extensive, but is preferred (i.e. summer employment, prior internship, volunteer position, etc.). The more experience you have, the more desirable you will be to a potential host company.
Applications for summer 2015 are due January 15, 2015.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.