Summer Internship Program in Spain
The Cultural Vistas Summer Internship Program in Spain provides an excellent opportunity for U.S. and Canadian students to gain work experience abroad, improve their Spanish language skills, and experience Spanish life and culture firsthand.
Internships are available in a variety of fields, including, but not limited to, business/finance, engineering, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, Spanish studies, and economics.
All internships are unpaid; however, scholarships are available to qualified participants that receive unpaid internships The program runs from the end of May to mid-August.
Cultural Vistas works with an array of global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their specified goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings.
Cultural Vistas’ Summer Internship Program in Spain includes:
- Application process assistance including help drafting a Spanish-style resume
- Internship placement in your target field with a Spanish host company
- Pre-departure information mailing
- Financial assistance via the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (apply separately)
- Health insurance (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar in Madrid
- Housing assistance (optional)
- Support throughout your program in Spain and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
Candidates for the Summer Internship Program in Spain must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizen or Canadian citizen enrolled at a college or university before, during, and following the internship
- 19-25 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent; participants must be able to function in a Spanish-speaking work environment upon arrival in Spain
- Minimum of two years of university level studies in one of the following fields:
- Business: business administration, international business, import/export, marketing, PR, sales, advertising, finance, consulting, hotel management
- Technical Fields: chemical-, electrical-, industrial-, and mechanical engineering, logistics, IT, web design, multimedia, graphic design, architecture
- Liberal Arts: international relations, Spanish, history, economics, social sciences
- Prior work or volunteer experience in target internship field does not need to be extensive, but is preferred. The more experience you have, the more desirable you are to a potential host company.
Please note that the deadline for summer 2013 has been extended until February 1, 2013.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.