For more than 60 years, Cultural Vistas has worked closely with immigration attorneys throughout the United States, building a reputation within the law community as a trusted and reliable J-1 sponsor committed to meeting the diverse needs of its clients. Attorneys can expect subject matter expertise, a streamlined application process, competitive rates, and an array of services to support their clients’ success throughout their U.S. J-1 visa program.
- Fast turnaround times: All complete applications are processed in 4-6 weeks. Need it done faster? Learn more about our expedited services.
- Multiple visa designations from the U.S. Department of State: Cultural Vistas is designated as an official sponsor of the Research Scholar, Short-Term Scholar, Specialist, Intern, Trainee, and Teacher categories of the J-1 Visa.
- Proactive communication: We guarantee your inquiry will receive a response within two business days or less. Our staff will ensure you are included in communication with the applicant and host company to the level in which meets your unique expectations. Additionally, we will keep you updated throughout the year regarding any federal regulation updates, technology upgrades, or process changes.
- Personalized support for your client throughout the program: Our staff, including a dedicated client relations team, will provide support during the application process and throughout the program. You will be assigned with a specific support team who will become familiar with your needs and whom you can contact at any time to discuss your client’s status or any extenuating circumstances.
- During the application process, Cultural Vistas will
- Assist you with the application process;
- Execute site visits as needed;
- Issue the Form DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility), required for J-1 Visa sponsorship;
- Facilitate robust completion of Form DS-7002 (Training/ Internship Placement Plan);
- Prepare prospective J-1 candidates for their consulate appointments.
- Once sponsorship has been approved, Cultural Vistas will
- Arrange for accident and health insurance coverage for J-1 candidates;
- Supply pre-departure information about obtaining the visa and program requirements;
- Administer an orientation and intercultural training program on living and working in the United States to J-1 candidates;
- Sponsor dependents for the J-2 visa.
- During the program, Cultural Vistas will
- Advise J-1 candidates on obtaining a Social Security Number;
- Organize cultural activities and events in major cities;
- Offer continuous support for participants and host organizations for the duration of the program;
- Ensure participants and companies remain compliant with their reporting requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please also see our FAQs for individual candidates and for host companies + organizations.
What is the attorney's role in the process?
Cultural Vistas is pleased to work with attorneys and their clients on their J-1 needs and inquiries. Your level of involvement in the application process is up to you and your client. Many attorneys provide initial advice to their clients on the J-1 Visa and Cultural Vistas, and then step back from the application process allowing the company contact to handle it directly with us.
Many attorneys also prefer to complete the host company application on their client’s behalf. Our staff will keep you in the loop on each step of the process and share updates as you see fit. You can certainly serve as the liaison for your client depending on their preference.
As experts in all matters pertaining to J-1 Research Scholars, Short-term Scholars, Specialists, Intern, Trainee, and Teacher programs, Cultural Vistas staff are able to address any requirement or regulation questions that you or your clients may have.
Can I send you information to review for eligibility?
Yes, of course. If you are unsure of a candidate or a program’s eligibility, please feel free to call or send us a request for an initial assessment. We will advise whether we can consider the application for sponsorship, however, approval is not guaranteed. Include a detailed resume and brief overview of the company and program in your requests. Emails should be sent to email@example.com.
Can I use your online application for my client?
Yes. You will receive a personal login that allows you to submit the host company application online and review your client’s pending and completed applications.
What are the key points to stress to my clients about working with Cultural Vistas or hosting a J-1 participant?
As partners in helping to facilitate these programs, we expect you will educate your clients on the mission of the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program and its intent to provide educational and cultural enrichment, not as a path to other visa types.
It is also important to stress that a successful collaboration with Cultural Vistas requires prompt and thorough communication from all involved parties. This includes understanding reporting responsibilities, such as responding to information requests, completing the program evaluations, informing us of changes to the program wages, location, or supervisor as well as any serious incidents affecting the health, safety, and welfare of their participants.
What if I have a client with unique needs or a unique program?
Whether it is for one applicant, or a large cohort, we are happy to walk you through any unique circumstances you might have. We will work with you to determine how we might move forward with sponsorship. We also understand that your clients may have unique needs when it comes to communication, invoicing and payment, and documentation. We are willing to accommodate your client’s needs as much as possible.
What type of personal attention can you provide my firm?
In addition to our commitment to prompt and personalized communication, we are also happy to meet with your legal team virtually or in person if we are traveling near your offices. This can provide an opportunity for us to provide an educational session on the J-1 Visa and walk you through our processes, as well as for us to better understand your needs and client base. We can tailor the types of information presented based on your team’s needs. Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.