To deepen cooperation among the alumni and community of the Building a Diverse and Inclusive Culture of Remembrance (DAICOR) exchange program, Cultural Vistas announces the newly launched DAICOR Cooperation Grants. These grants enable alumni and network members of the DAICOR program to build upon their program experiences, follow up on initial contacts and enter the next level of engagement.
In 2023, the DAICOR Cooperation Grants provide alumni and network members of the DAICOR community in Germany with the opportunity to visit a selected partner organization in the U.S. for the duration of up to one week to pursue transatlantic, action-oriented collaborations.
DAICOR is a reciprocal transatlantic exchange program for experts and representatives of organizations in Germany and the U.S., who work to create and reimagine memorials and public spaces in an inclusive and responsible way in both countries. Each year the DAICOR professional exchange organizes study tours highlighting best practices and areas of improvement in this field.
By the end of 2022 the DAICOR exchange program has created a vibrant community of more than 30 alumni in addition to numerous individual and institutional supporters in the U.S. and Germany. To meet the existing demand for further collaboration the DAICOR Cooperation Grants were developed by Cultural Vistas.
- Enable concrete transatlantic collaborations on diverse and inclusive forms of remembrance in public spaces.
- Expand and diversify the transatlantic exchange on memory culture.
- Deepen cooperation within the DAICOR network.
- Create tangible results that bolster a diverse and inclusive culture of remembrance in the U.S. and Germany.
In 2023, the DAICOR Cooperation Grants provide alumni and members the DAICOR community in Germany with funding for travel and accommodation costs to travel to the U.S., where they will embed themselves in a selected partner organization from the DAICOR community to work on an action item that strengthens their efforts towards inclusive forms of remembrance in public spaces at their home organization in a tangible way.
- Participants are responsible to organize their travel themselves.
- Cultural Vistas will reimburse selected participants up to 5,000.00 USD for travel and accommodation costs for the duration of up to one week.
- Participants are free to choose the visited partner organization.
- Visited organizations need to agree in written form to host the participant.
- Participants are expected to submit a report and present concrete results by October 2023.
|February 27 — March 26, 2023
|March 31, 2023
|Notification of selected participants
|April 1 — September 1, 2023
|Visit to partner organization
Application Information & Eligibility:
In 2023 funding allows for the selection of up to five participants. The following application criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be part of the DAICOR network.
- Applicants must be based in Germany.
- Applicants must present a convincing case for cooperation: This includes a work plan, a concrete intended output and outcome (including concrete results prior to October 2023), as well as an institutional commitment of the participating partner organizations.
Please direct any questions you may have to Patricia Pahlke at firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 (0)30-206 032 88.
The Building a Diverse and Inclusive Culture of Remembrance (DAICOR) Cooperation Grants 2023 are generously funded by the U.S. Embassy Berlin.