The Alfa Fellowship Program and Cultural Vistas invite young American, British, and German professionals to apply for the 2021-2022 program year in Russia by December 1.
Since 2004, the Alfa Fellowship Program has provided over 200 emerging leaders from the U.S., U.K., and Germany with the opportunity to gain professional experience in business, media, law, policy, arts/cultural management, and other related areas through an 11-month, fully funded fellowship in Moscow.
The program begins with language training in the fellow’s home country, followed by a group language course in Moscow starting in mid-June. Throughout the summer, Alfa fellows attend a seminar program to gain an in-depth look at contemporary Russia and to discuss current affairs there. Fellows then complete work placements at prominent organizations in Russia, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations.
- Gain high-level professional development experience in Russia at private companies, law firms, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations
- Immerse in contemporary Moscow and experience everyday life in this vibrant capital city
- Travel to three regions in Russia and to a neighboring country through program organized trips
- Learn from experts through the Moscow seminar series and lectures at the Higher School of Economics
- Receive a $2500 monthly stipend, private accommodation in the center of Moscow, , all program-related travel costs including round-trip travel to Russia, and insurance coverage
- Strengthen Russian language skills through private tutoring prior to departure and group language classes upon arrival in Moscow
- Connect with alumni around the world through the Alfa Fellowship Alumni Association and Cultural Vistas Alumni Network
Learn more about the fellows’ experience on the Alfa Fellowship Program
- U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, arts/cultural management or a related field
- Graduate degree in desired professional area preferred
- Outstanding professional achievements and academic qualifications
- Professional connection to Russia and/or the region
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Active involvement in community or public service
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another foreign language may be considered
- Application form
- Current resume/CV in English (U.S. or European style)
- Personal statement
- Russian writing sample
- Official university transcripts from most recent/in progress degree
- Two letters of recommendation
Application deadline: December 1, 2020.
For further information and to access the online application, please visit culturalvistas.org/alfa
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.
- Webinar Recap: New Vistas in Digital Healthcare - November 19, 2020
- Global Resiliency: Celebrating International Education Week 2020 - November 18, 2020
- Young Leaders Drive Solutions to Social Challenges in Southeast Asia - November 3, 2020