What have our alumni been up to?
- Hoya Saxa! The collaborative and the global nature of the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship has made it an excellent fit for 50+ Georgetown alumni, including two in our 2015-16 cohort of fellows. Read more in this alumni feature.
- Bilal Qureshi (Bosch Fellowship, 2011), shared a thoughtful, nuanced, and very personal perspective in the wake of Orlando featured in the New York Times called “The Muslim Silence on Gay Rights.”
- Linda Sarsour, Executive Director of the Arab American Association of New York and an alumna of IntegrationXchange, a U.S. Department of State-funded project we administered in 2008 (then as CDS International), is featured on the cover of the ACLU’s magazine, STAND, for her work to combat discrimination against Muslims.
- It’s not always easy to talk about politics with friends and family. Jesse Singal (Bosch Fellowship, 2013) shared his insights on how to make political arguments great again in The Huffington Post.
- John Schmitz (Bosch Fellowship, 1984) published a short piece responding to Brexit from a trade perspective.
- Cristina Castro-Lucas (WEAmericas, IVLP, 2015) was named a visiting scholar for the Latin American Studies Program at Cornell University.
- Catch a glimpse of the annual meeting of Robert Bosch Foundation alumni which too place recently in Philadelphia.
Events + Alumni Network News
Keeping It Weird in Portland
We recently hosted a get-together in Portland, Oregon. Thanks to all those who came out, including current international participants and U.S. alumni from across our portfolio of programs.
- Capture Experiences
Our 2016 photo contest is open to all alumni, the winner will receive a trip to Washington, D.C. for FotoWeekDC and a gallery event with their photo featured. Here are some winning tips from fellow Cultural Vistas alumni.
- Professional Fellowship in Germany
July 12 | Washington, D.C.: American alumni of Cultural Vistas are encouraged to join us to learn more about the Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program. RSVP here.
- Russian Sports: Tales of Ambition and Hubris
July 13 | New York: Join us for a discussion led by Alfa Fellowship alumnus James Appell on the state of Russian sports, with a focus on soccer. RSVP here.
- Save the Date:
Just because your exchange experience has ended doesn’t mean our relationship has to. If you’re interested in getting more involved with our work, or just have some news to share, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.