Yale University Undergraduate Career Services Summer Internship in Germany
The Yale Summer Internship Program in Germany provides an excellent opportunity for Yale University students to gain international work experience in Germany, improve their German language skills and experience German culture firsthand.
Internship placements are available in a variety of fields, including but not limited to business, engineering, finance, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, German studies and economics. Many internships are paid and scholarships are available to qualified participants whoreceive unpaid internships. Accepted participants will receive a scholarship application following acceptance to the program.
Three program options are available:
- A one-month language course in Germany in June, plus a two-month internship
- A three-month internship. The program begins in early June and concludes in mid-August
- A two-month internship, starting in early or late June
Cultural Vistas works with an array of global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their specified goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings.
Cultural Vistas’ Summer Internship Program in Germany includes:
- Application process assistance including help drafting a Lebenslauf (German resume)
- Internship placement in your target field with a German host company
- Financial assistance through the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Work authorization services
- Health and accident insurance (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar upon arrival in Germany
- Enrollment in language course (optional)
- Housing assistance
- Support throughout the program in Germany and the United States
- Re-entry information about marketing your work experience abroad in the United States
Candidates for the Summer Internship Program in Germany must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student at Yale University.
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in German or the equivalent (additional language training available if needed)
- At least two years of university level studies related to one of the following:
- Business: general business administration, international business, import/export, marketing, PR, sales, advertising, finance, consulting, hotel management
- Technical Fields: chemical-, electrical-, industrial-, and mechanical engineering, logistics, information technology, web design, multimedia, graphic design, architecture
- Liberal Arts: international relations, German, history, economics and other social sciences
- Practical experience in target internship field (summer employment, prior internship, lab position, etc.) does not need to be extensive, but is preferred. The more experience you have, the more desirable you are to a potential host company.
Applications must be postmarked or submitted online by January 15
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org