University of Michigan German Dept. Summer Internship in Germany
Cultural Vistas' Summer Internship Program in Germany with the University of Michigan provides students with unique and enriching opportunities to enhance their careers while experiencing life and culture abroad during their summer break.
Internship placements are available in a variety of fields and are customized to match students’ career goals. Many internships are paid and scholarships are available to qualified participants who receive unpaid internships.
A limited number of language course stipends are also available for those who qualify.
Three program options are available:
- A one-month language course in Germany in June, plus a two-month internship with a host company
- A three-month internship with a host company
- A two-month internship with a host company, starting in early or late June
Please note that business or engineering majors also have the option to complete a dual internship that includes an internship in Michigan during the winter semester and an internship in Germany during the summer at the same company.
Cultural Vistas works with an array of global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their specified goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings.
Cultural Vistas’ Summer Internship Program in Germany includes:
- Application process assistance including help drafting a Lebenslauf (German resume)
- Internship placement in your target field with a German host company
- Pre-departure orientation at the University of Michigan in April
- Financial assistance through the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Work authorization services
- Health and accident insurance (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar upon arrival in Germany
- Enrollment in language course (optional)
- Housing assistance
- Support throughout the program in Germany and the United States
- Re-entry information about marketing your work experience abroad in the United States
- Enrolled as a degree-seeking student at the University of Michigan.
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in German or the equivalent (additional language training available if needed)
- At least two years of university level studies related to one of the following:
- Business: general business administration, international business, import/export, marketing, PR, sales, advertising, finance, consulting, hotel management
- Technical Fields: chemical-, electrical-, industrial-, and mechanical engineering, logistics, information technology, web design, multimedia, graphic design, architecture
- Liberal Arts: international relations, German, history, economics, social sciences
- Practical experience in target internship field (summer employment, prior internship, lab position, etc.) does not need to be extensive, but is preferred. The more experience you have, the more desirable you are to a potential host company.
Applications must be postmarked or submitted online by December 2.
For more information, please contact email@example.com