Internship Program in Germany
The Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Germany provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain valuable international work skills, improve their German language ability, and experience German life and culture firsthand.
Internship placements are available in a variety of fields, including, but not limited to business, engineering, finance, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, German studies and economics.
Most internships are 3-to-12 months in length, are paid, and have flexible start dates. For qualified participants who receive unpaid internships, scholarships are available. Accepted participants will receive a scholarship application following acceptance to the program. A limited number of language course stipends are also available for those who qualify.
Cultural Vistas works with an array of global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their specified goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings. Cultural Vistas’ Internship Program in Germany includes:
- Application process assistance including help drafting a Lebenslauf (German resume)
- Internship placement in your target field with a German host company
- Pre-departure information mailing
- Financial assistance via the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (apply separately)
- Work authorization services
- Health insurance (optional)
- Enrollment in language course (optional)
- Housing assistance
- Support throughout the program in Germany and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
- U.S. citizens or international students enrolled at an accredited U.S. college or university for the duration of the program.
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in German or the equivalent (extra language training is available, if needed)
- At least two years of university level studies related to one of the following:
- Business: business administration, international business, import/export, marketing, PR, sales, advertising, finance, consulting, hotel management
- Technical Fields: chemical-, electrical-, industrial-, and mechanical engineering, logistics, IT, web design, multimedia, graphic design, architecture
- Liberal Arts: international relations, German, history, economics, social sciences
- Practical experience in target internship field (summer employment, prior internship, lab position) does not need to be extensive, but is preferred. The more experience you have, the more desirable you are to a potential host company.
* Canadian citizens enrolled at an accredited Canadian college or university are also eligible.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please apply at least five months prior to your desired start date.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.