Internship Program in Chile
The Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Chile provides U.S. and Canadian students and young professionals with internship placements in a variety of fields in the city of Santiago de Chile.
Cultural Vistas offers two different 12-week programs in Chile: a four-week Spanish language course and an eight-week internship (language/internship option) or a 12-week internship (internship option). All internships are unpaid; however, scholarships are available to qualified participants.
Cultural Vistas works with various partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their individual goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings. Cultural Vistas Internship Program in Chile includes:
- Application process assistance including help drafting a Chilean-style resume
- Internship placement in your target field with a Chilean organization
- Pre-departure orientation mailing
- Financial assistance via the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (must apply separately)
- Health insurance (optional)
- Airport pickup upon arrival in Santiago (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar upon arrival in Santiago
- Enrollment in language course (language/internship option)
- Housing in Santiago (optional)
- Support throughout the program in Chile and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
- U.S. or Canadian citizen
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent (language/internship option)
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in Spanish or the equivalent AND high-intermediate Spanish sufficient to function in a Spanish-speaking work environment immediately upon arrival in Chile (internship option)
- Minimum of two years of university-level studies
- Practical experience in target internship field does not need to be extensive, but is preferred (i.e. summer employment, prior internship, volunteer position, etc.). The more experience an applicant has, the more desirable he/she will be to a potential host company.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Applications must be submitted at least 3 to 4 months before desired start date.
Applications for summer 2015 are due January 15, 2015.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultural Vistas’ Internship Program in Chile is administered in cooperation with our partner organization, Comisión de Intercambio Educativo (COINED), based in Córdoba, Argentina.