The Korea WEST (Work, English, Study) exchange program connects talented South Korean university students and recent graduates with professional internships with U.S. host companies.
A joint initiative between the Republic of Korea and the U.S. Department of State, Korea WEST enables participants to immerse in a new culture, explore future careers through 3-to-13 month internships , and develop the lifelong personal and professional skills that set them apart in today's global marketplace.
- Participants have completed at least two years of schooling at accredited South Korean Universities or are recent graduates.
- Participants have a wide range of educational backgrounds and discipline and are each competitively selected by the South Korean Ministry of Education, Science, & Technology.
- Participants represent a wide range of educational backgrounds and disciplines.
- The exchange of culture, knowledge, and perspectives between U.S. staff and WEST participants is often invaluable.
- There are no program fees for host companies.
- Internships can vary in length from 3 to 13 months.
- Participants enter the United States with all the necessary training documents
- Cultural Vistas' staff prescreens students to assess English language abilities
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage for participants
- 24-hour emergency support for participants
Cultural Vistas is designated by the U.S. Department of State as a J-1 visa sponsor for WEST (Work, English Study, Travel) programs.
Host companies are expected to provide participants with meaningful training experiences that enhance professional skills and provide insight into American business practices and culture.
For complete eligibility requirements and additional Korea WEST program information, please visit our Resources for Host Companies or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.